I love Indian food but it’s not always easy on my budget. I recently came across a spice curry paste at our local grocery store and decided to give it a try. It was amazing, and SUPER easy.
The brand is Sukhi’s and it’s sold at Whole Foods, Sunflower Markets and I’m sure other stores (they have a local store locator that you can use on their website: http://sukhis.com/index.php). You can make it with meat (chicken) or vegetarian (potatoes). All you do is add your meat, veggies and water. That’s it! It all simmers together to form a perfect curry every time!
To make the meal super easy I buy Naan in the bread or deli department and also buy Rice Expressions frozen rice (http://www.riceandrecipes.com/expressions.php). The rice is ready to go in 3 microwavable minutes.
If you love Indian food but don’t always like to sticker shock of eating out, give this a try.Filed under Food, Recipes | Comment (0)
After a crazy day I wanted to make quick and tasty meal for dinner. This taco pasta bake is easy and so delicious! Serve it with a salad on the side and it’s a full meal.
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes w/pepper, celery, onion (Hunts)
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz pasta (I used bowtie)
- Jalapeno peppers (jar or canned)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot until it is al dente. Drain.
- Brown the turkey meat on a medium heat and add the taco seasoning packet per the directions on the package.
- Put the pasta, meat, tomatoes, beans, salsa and half of the cheese together and stir until the ingredients are mixed (I mixed it in the same pot I used to make the pasta). To make a spicier meal, add jalapeno peppers (I bought them crushed and just added them right in).
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish, top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes.